The Lesabre T-type Wiki

Please help me test this Wiki. If we decide to change it later we can easily copy and paste this content into another format.

Moderator: Wiki Moderator

T
Administrator
Administrator
car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

The Lesabre T-type Wiki

Post by T » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:50 am

I have created this new forum to test a Wiki within the forums. I will work on a way of making it a little cleaner and we may take it out of this format. Either way your posts will be saved and can be re-entered in the future if needed.

To post:
Click Here and click join group. After I add you to the group you will have moderator status in the Wiki Forum. You will then be able to create new content, edit content and moderate the forum.

Guidelines:
In order for this to work, we will need some degree of cooperation.
Please use the reply function for discussion on each topic.
Make sure to include, your username, source(if needed), date of last edit, and make sure to turn off your signature.

Remember to link things you will need to use the url tag or a HTML <a> tag.

Here is an example:

Code: Select all

Click [url=http://lesabret.com/phpBB/groupcp.php]Here[/url] and slick join group.
Or use:

Code: Select all

Click <a href="http://lesabret.com/phpBB/groupcp.php">Here</a> and slick join group.
Make sure to title each post with a single word or short phrase that can be used to link to. You may want to keep a record of what you have entered for back up purposes.

-T

Alibi
Advanced Member
car:: 89 Lesabre T-type

Post by Alibi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:32 am

Please use this format when writing/editing a Wiki. Use previously written wiki's as a guide to basic format and flow.

Introduction:
(title bolded and underlined)

Main Topic A: (title bolded and underlined)

Subtopic 1: (title underlined)

Note A: (Title and text italicized)

Subtopic 2: (title underlined)

Main Topic B: (title bolded and underlined)

Source: (title bolded, use URL tags for links)

Authors: (title bolded)

Dates Modified: (title bolded, do not delete previous dates)

Alibi
Advanced Member
car:: 89 Lesabre T-type

Post by Alibi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:56 am

Just a Reminder:

PLEASE CITE YOUR SOURCES!!

If its common knowledge or things you posted off the top of your head, then don't bother to write "from my brain" or whatnot. No big deal :P .

HOWEVER.... if you obviously got the information from another source (copy and pasted from another thread/website, shorthand, summarized, in any form basically) you need to cite from where. A link if it came from online or if it came from a book then list the article title, author, journal/magazine/pamphlet name, and date.

We need to keep track of where our information comes from for a few reasons:

1. Reliability of information. We need to know that the source of information is in fact legit and correct. If we don't know where it came from, then we won't know how reliable the information is.

2. Giving credit to the original authors where its due. In academia, not citing sources is the same a outright plagiarism. If someone else wrote it, give them proper credit and just say where it came from.

I'm not knitpicking on anyone in particular, but its just a heads-up that we need this information.
-Eric
"Energy and Persistence Conquer all Things" -Benjamin Franklin
-'12 Honda Civic
-'89 BLT