Dash pad repair... **PLEASE MOVE TO MAINTENANCE***

Basic Repairs and Fixes.

Moderators: Xtreme/T-Type, Lo Type

Z
Advanced Member

Dash pad repair... **PLEASE MOVE TO MAINTENANCE***

Post by Z » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 pm

Hey guys,

My dash pad is in pretty nice shape except for the warpage where the defroster vent goes. It's not warped so much that it doesn't fit (like from side to side) but the material that would normally be underneath the vent is sticking up quite a bit, as you can see in this picture:

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/tips as to how to go about fixing it. What I'm mostly concerned about is what adhesive to use (or similar substance) and the best way to go about fixing it. All I really know is how to get the dash pad off - after that, I need advice. Any advice would be helpful...thanks a lot everyone!

88T-FL
2008 Site Supporter

Post by 88T-FL » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:17 pm

Hello Z,
I re-did a copuple and if you are patient it is fairly easy to do. If it was let go too far it may not be possible to get it back in shape. There are a couple of posts on it - here is one:
viewtopic.php?t=3394&postdays=0&postord ... ue&start=0
Thanks -Peter
88 BLT, 89 BLT, 89 BLT (Sold and missed), 86 LGN, 86LGN

Z
Advanced Member

Post by Z » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks Peter. I knew there were posts around but I didn't know if my problem applied with those posts (from what I remember of them). Now that I read that post, I see I'm wrong and the same repair process applies to the whole dash. Thanks again.

If anyone else has any tips don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks everyone!

Z
Advanced Member

Post by Z » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:19 am

Hey guys,

I don't know how many of you actually looked at this, and I know we all have problems with our dashes from time to time, but I decided to show my success at this refurbishing process. If you look at my first picture at the beginning of the post, the dash isn't too shabby on my red T, but the vent didn't fit quite right because the parts sticking up were keeping it from staying in. I then followed Peter's advice from the other thread he posted and came out with this:

I figured this might be more inspiration for those of you out there with finicky dash pads. It CAN be done if it's not too far gone already.

Shilomaru
New Guy
car:: 87 & 89 Lesabre T-type

Re: Dash pad repair... **PLEASE MOVE TO MAINTENANCE***

Post by Shilomaru » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:53 am

Repair of you that it really works or not.

deathtotocy
New Guy
car:: Lesabre Custom

Re: Dash pad repair... **PLEASE MOVE TO MAINTENANCE***

Post by deathtotocy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:27 am

Remember to use good Because the Internet is an important life