Interior Bulb Numbers

Frequently asked questions about the Lesabre T-type.

Moderators: Xtreme/T-Type, Lo Type

Beck
Advanced Member
car:: Other

Interior Bulb Numbers

Post by Beck » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:39 pm

I need the bulb reference #'s for the interior light bulbs... the overhead, under-dash, but not the cluster ones. Any help would be appriciated because I'm looking to replace them with red ones.

T Type Dude
Advanced Member

Post by T Type Dude » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:13 pm

Yea, I'd like to know the inside interior overhead light bulb also....would you re-paint the bulb red or buy a red bulb?? Thanks
1988 Buick LeSabre T Type .......sold

Donny Lowrida
Advanced Member

Post by Donny Lowrida » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:37 pm

I bought the red bulbs at Wal-mart for my cavalier. Under the dash are 194 bulbs, in the dash cluster are also 194. In the center console are 194 (shifter read-out and rear light near ashtray) The only one different is the Dome light in the roof.

The lights are REALLY cheap! AND they're already red!!!!

I did this swap in my Z24. I removed all the white lights from the cluster and installed red to look like the T-Type. Then I went on E-Bay and bought "Toyota Cavalier" tail lights. Guess what? They're NOT ALL RED like every other Cavalier, They carry the same colors as the T-Type (White for reverse, red for parking and brake lights, and YELLOW for blinkers!) So whenever I drive it, it's like driving a T-Type but smaller and more pimped out because the parts are ten times easier to find!!! Hell, I even bought the "Z24" third brake light cover off of E-Bay!!! (My Lesabre has the "T-Type" one) Headlight covers on both cars (Z24 has blinker covers too) Both have outrageous stereos now, and both are...of course...BLACK!!!

I have to admit, as fun as it is owning the LeSabre, it's twice as fun owning the Z24. But I LOVE having cars that don't look like everyone else's. :D

:btt2: <---That is why I keep it, It just LOOKS so bad-***!!!
You must be fast, cause I was haulin' a$$ when I passed you!!!
1983 Turbo Regal T-TypeImageImage
1988 Black Buick LeSabre T-Type
GoldT-Type Emblems,Taillight/headlightblackouts.
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 250,000 miles.

T Type Dude
Advanced Member

Post by T Type Dude » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:32 am

Donny,do you know the bulb # of the overhead dome light bulb and the light in the rear of the center console near the floor???????????I'd like to change those also.All my dash lights/ac/heat controls and console lights are all red now, the only thing thats not is the head unit which is green with a white display.Then I have the red neon on the passenger side that beats to the pulse of the music.

Donny Lowrida
Advanced Member

Post by Donny Lowrida » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:14 am

No, but just pop off the dome light cover and take the bulb to the store with you. I know they make a replacement, but I'm not sure of the exact number

:btt2:
You must be fast, cause I was haulin' a$$ when I passed you!!!
1983 Turbo Regal T-TypeImageImage
1988 Black Buick LeSabre T-Type
GoldT-Type Emblems,Taillight/headlightblackouts.
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 250,000 miles.

custom88

Post by custom88 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:20 am

I have all the bulb numbers you need on my site under 'specifications' ;).
<b>2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 Twin Cam V6</b>

Beck
Advanced Member

Post by Beck » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:29 am

I did the "swap" this afternoon... looks like a damn cockpit now... I can leave the interior lights on all the time and just love it. :D

Note: the dome/rear ash tray lamps look like |[====]|.... the only replacement that was even close was a bulb that looks like <====>. For the rear one, it clips right in, but the dome connection required some prong bending (not much, but otherwise it would have fumbled around and come loose). Also, the rear dome cover has to be loosened from the inside, which means removing the inside of the console. It's much cooler though. :stt:

T Type Dude
Advanced Member

Post by T Type Dude » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:13 am

Beck-are those still 194 bulbs for the overhead dome light and the rear ash tray/console????? Which location requires the prong bending??? Thanks........Im still undecided,red or white hmmm lol. Thanks Guys!

Beck
Advanced Member

Post by Beck » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:12 pm

Ok, check this out:

All of these are bulb #194: marker lights, courtesy lamps, tach/speedo/front ash tray/headlight switch. There might be more, but this is all I can remember.

These are NOT 212, but the 212 will fit these with minor modification: dome (or map lights, if you have a sunroof) and rear ash tray. Remember, replace |[====]| with <====> (212) and it will work fine.

I took some pictures, with turned out horrible with it being nighttime and red is not the brightest color. I am pleased with the results, but I wish the dome/rear tray lenses were red and not clear/cream.