for all you L67 guys

Frequently asked questions about the Lesabre T-type.

Moderators: Xtreme/T-Type, Lo Type

custom88

for all you L67 guys

Post by custom88 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:40 pm

For those of you with the L67 engine make sure you do a supercharger fluid flush! I just changed mine on the riv @96,000 miles and it had never been done. The supercharger oil is supposed to be totally clear, mine was brown/yellow and chunky. There were a lot of metal shavings in it and that stuff is bad smelling enough that those of you with a weak stomach shouldn't do it after you eat. ;) you MUST buy the fluid from GM, I'll post part numbers later. But GM reccomends you change the fluid every 50,000 miles or so.. I'd actually do it every 30,000 miles if it were me. You will need 2 bottles of the fluid, and they are $6.50 each from a GM dealer. You will also need some 1/4" tubing and a syringe to suck out all the old fluid. I can also post procedures later on. :)
<b>2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 Twin Cam V6</b>

steveX

Post by steveX » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:51 pm

This is true. this is also a good tip :wink: . i did this when i first got my s/c (54,000 mile). i remove the snot of the s/c and clean the inside of the two gear (not rotor). it was very dirty. and them i fill with two bottle of GM s/c oil. alos it is VERY important, if you remove the s/c, you MUST torque the s/c bolt to the intake manifold to 17 ft-lb. if you over torque the s/c bolt ,it will warp the s/c and cause the coating on the s/c rotor to chip off.

the parts number for the s/c is 12345982

87 T Type
Advanced Member

Post by 87 T Type » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:55 am

how do you flush it
87 T- Jet Black ,GT steering wheel, 17in wheels, limo tinted windows, two tone interior like the GN.
-L67 swap in Progress (waiting till next summer because i will have enought to finish it and build it up)
-85 GrandNational
-85 monte ss

86 2dr.ltd steve
Advanced Member

Post by 86 2dr.ltd steve » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:05 am

Where did you get / what did you get ? to Siphone the old fluid out ?

custom88

Post by custom88 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:35 am

86 2dr.ltd steve wrote:Where did you get / what did you get ? to Siphone the old fluid out ?
It is suggested that you use a syringe that you can get from any medical supply shop and 1/4" hoseing (atleast 6" long.) I went a different route and bought one of those coolant "tester" things with a 6" hose on it to suck the coolant out. You have to jack up the driver's side of the car, so that the fluid will run into the nose, then stick the house down and suck out the fluid little by little. You will have to stick the hose in as far as you can toward the end of the nose of the supercharger. After you get all the old fluid out, you will have to put in new fluid. The only thing different with this, and a flush is that after you put in the new fluid you run the car for about 15 minutes or so, then suck all that fluid out again the same way as before, and add new fluid again. I did not do the flush.. instead i'll just change the fluid again in a few thousand miles. ;)
<b>2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 Twin Cam V6</b>

TuType
Advanced Member

Post by TuType » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:26 am

Good tip Custom88. I will do mine tomorrow or this Sunday.

Thanks,

TuType