GS T-Type...

Frequently asked questions about the Lesabre T-type.

Moderators: Xtreme/T-Type, Lo Type

T
Administrator
Administrator
car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

Post by T » Fri May 30, 2003 6:21 pm

I couldn't care less about the VIN #. We are asking for the option codes, the ones in pic above. They are not vehicle specific. They simply state what options the car had. For instance if your car had the grand touring suspension it would say F41, if it was a T-type is would say WE2. There is no more danger in posting this, than posting the color of your driver's licence. There is no reason you shouldn't have posted it, unless you don't want to find out what options your car really has.

-T

Vyse
Advanced Member
car:: Lesabre Custom

'

Post by Vyse » Fri May 30, 2003 7:16 pm

:roll: Vyse needs proof.

prodigy_16
Advanced Member

Post by prodigy_16 » Fri May 30, 2003 7:32 pm

he wants to hold on to the idea that he has a more rare car than even the t-types, it makes him feel special, yes he has a t-type most likely, but almost everyone on this board has one, or had one at one time, so wheras most everywhere else, he has a car that can be envied for its rarity, here its "just another blt" the fact is though any t-type is special, and worthy of respect and admiration, call it what it is, you can decorate your christmas tree all you want, but its still just a tree.
FAST CARS ARE NOT CHEAP, CHEAP CARS ARE NOT FAST.

RedWind89
Advanced Member
car:: 89 Lesabre T-type
Location: 89 Black T-Type,89 Red T-type, Schenectady New York

Post by RedWind89 » Fri May 30, 2003 7:36 pm

hey guys I think we should just let GST-type alone with this if he doesn't want are help with this we have to respect his option on this. I just got from my local Buick dealership and I asked them, and they said that if there was a car called a GST-type it was a dealer opotion and thats it, Buick it self had nothing to do with them. It was up to the dealerships to sell the cars any way that they could. but not to total rain on your car GST the car looks great and I know that I speak for me and so other guys on this I would love to get the ground effects kit off your car to make mine look more mean. :wink: If you dont want to post your codes you dont have to man, we as a whole ment no disrespect to you we are all just wondering about this car.
1989 Lesabre T-type, Black 208,xxx miles( Got Sept 2001, sold Aug 2009) :cry:
1989 Lesabre T-type, Red 96,XXX miles ( Got Nov 2008, Holding til it dies) :)
2003 Regal LS, Gray 64,000 miles( Got Mar 2007 Died Oct 18, 2009) :cry:

BuickMan89
New Guy

Post by BuickMan89 » Fri May 30, 2003 8:19 pm

Judging from the horrible modifications made to that car, I'm going to side with the majority here and say that yours is a home-made job. It's not unusual for ricers to slap VTEC badges on the back of cars that don't have it, and it definitely looks like someone with a ricer mentality used to own that car. There are guys here with A LOT more knowlegdge and experience than either of us, and I'd trust them. I've been reading posts here for a long time, but yours is the first that moved me to register and write something down.

The guy who sold you that car was either an idiot or was pulling a fast one, or a combination of both (most likely). Don't join him in the idiot boat by refusing to believe the truth that people are giving you here. If this was such a rare and amazing piece, we'd know about it. There would be an immaculate one somewhere that somebody else had seen and photographed. Right now all we hear from you is heresay: "I knew a guy who saw one in his home town" and "I think my dad read about one in the newspaper" or "the guy who sold it to me said it has 400 horsepower because of different cams (by the way, the 3.8 only has ONE cam)." That's all crap. Until it's documented, I refuse to believe that this is anything more than creative badge stealing. GM never builds special runs of cars like this. They might make special Corvettes and stuff, but a garden-variety Buick isn't going to make the cut for a limited run. The investment in tooling alone to make the badges would kill the project for a run of 100 cars, never mind the cost of getting the feds to sign off on a new engine and to crash test a new suspension setup. It just doesn't happen. And if you think GM builds special cars for good dealers, just ask your local GM dealer how they like the factory--you'll probably hear that they hate each other. Special cars for promotions are urban legends for the most part in the last 20 years. Sorry.

And as for the guy at Buick who said they do exist, I wonder who it might be. I called Buick a few times, and nobody there ever had any answers that weren't available in a current car magazine or dealer brochure. They're basically customer service reps--they don't have any access to information of this sort. I don't even think GM keeps production information for longer than 7 years any more--that should be easy enough to verify. And, of course, you conveniently come up with yet another dodge on getting the information--the build sheet costs too much money. I'm sure it does...

Tell you what--I'll spring the $20 for a CarFax on your car. The catch is that I get to publish it on-line here. Then the debate will end. Interested? I didn't think so...

I know you really want it to be true because you're young and this is your first car and you want to think you have something special that you can talk up to people who will never know any better. I'm guessing that's why you're dodging every single attempt to get any substantial information on your car ("My dad told me not to give out that information" and "A guy I know--who's conveniently out of town, of course--can get me the information"). I call BS on you. I'm guessing that "the guy who can get the information" will come through with the info shortly, and you'll post the same tired spiel here that there is no way to verify any of it because your dad won't let you. Put up or shut up. I'm tired of it already.

And your car won't do 150. If it doesn't have a limiter that kicks in at about 109 like the rest of the GM stuff of the era, it'll run out of breath long before 150. Even an unrestricted 170 horsepower car with the aerodynamics of a barn won't see much past 115 or 120. Sorry to burst YOUR bubble. The amount of pedal you have left is no reflection on how fast itl'll go--wind resistance goes up as the square of velocity. It might take the rest of that pedal travel just to pull another 2 MPH. Sorry to burst that bubble, too.

Enjoy your nice, relatively rare car. Build it any way you want and make it unique. But don't try to pass it off as something it ain't. That'll just piss people off, people who know a lot more about this stuff than you. Someday you might need their advice.

BuickMan89 in Detroit

T Type Dude
Advanced Member

Post by T Type Dude » Fri May 30, 2003 8:56 pm

I gotta agree big time, take him up on his Carfax offer or get one of your own and post it up, thats if you REALLY want to find out what your car is. But what would really help us, is the code on the spare tire black cover. If you want to find out truley what your car is, post some info up so we can help you otherwise we can't do much :-?
1988 Buick LeSabre T Type .......sold

GST-Type

Post by GST-Type » Fri May 30, 2003 8:58 pm

wow buickman you got a lil mad there. And I have the responses to your q's... one, the person i spoke with if you read was Jeri Elliott, the manager of buicks customer assistance. two, not my first car. try my fifth after a lifted f150, plain jane grand marquis, eddie bauer explorer, and mazda b2000. Convenientantly out of town? no, not convenient for me but I must make do. Ill give the codes, but not the vin once this gas leak is fixed and I have the car in my hands again but that may not be till tomorrow afternoon so hang on to your britches. also i never sed it had amazing horsepower, but it supposedly (supposedly means someone told me but not in concrete) has a different CAM sorry, i didnt know it was single. and from what ive lookd up these cars do have a possibillity of doing more than 120 and I never said that I verified that one either so ya dont have to get so mad. and a build sheet is to much... probably not but I dont wanna pay for anything of the sort that I dont have to if someone else could help me first. also for the no car with 170 hp could do 150, your wrong. a 92 acura can, ive been in one while doing so. anywho thanks anyone who had somehting constructive to say and sorry that people got mad over something so simple. later
dannY
No fat chicks, my T-Type already scrapes

Donny Lowrida
Advanced Member

Post by Donny Lowrida » Fri May 30, 2003 9:34 pm

:o WOW!!!! :o

A-FRIGGIN'-MEN TO THAT!!!

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!!

You know, you should take heed of EVERYTHING "Buickman" has to say.
ESPECIALLY the part about needing our help to get parts. I have "some" rare parts for these cars, BUT I sure as hell am NOT going to sell these parts to someone who thinks they're God, because they drive a *sticker car.

*-Any car that can go FASTER because it has stickers on it. :roll:

Face it, your car IS and always WILL BE a T-Type. There is NO LeSabre GS. Like "Buickman" said, it would be pictured somewhere on this site if there was.

So let me ask you this...What are you going to do when the double-over-under-shaft breaks and you go to GM only to find out it's been discontinued? Ooooooh :o NOW you WILL need our help, because without this shaft, your car won't even start and now, IT becomes SOMEONE ELSE'S car, because everyone hates you because you said the wrong thing and burned a few bridges along the way.

Is it all worth it?

Do yourself a favor, post the option codes list, and see what we tell you. Obviously you can't decipher the codes yourself, and we can. The codes are put on the car at the factory, probably in Michigan. OBVIOUSLY, the Factory doesn't know who the car is getting sold to so how can THEY post YOUR address in the codes list? DUH! They CAN'T! :roll:

Your VIN number (the one in the windshield on the dash) is only accessible through the Department of Motor Vehicles. Which means some one would have to pay a large chunk of change to find out you live out in the middle of East Bum-F#*k, THEN they'd have to pay an arm and a leg to FLY or just travel to East Bum-F#*k just to what? Steal a "15" year old car that looks like some one (who HAD to be blind) had a crazy idea of turning an American car into a Japanese Car and disguising it with a "Push-Mower" wing.

I'll tell you what, I'll post my VIN number AND my license plate number AND my friggin' home address (Which most of the board already has), you know why? Because if someone wants the damn car THAT BAD they can come and get it, because "It's JUST A DAMN CAR!" It CAN be replaced! I had three of them at one time and now I'm back down to one. I can say I owned one for every year. X-Type now owns my '87. "Hebert's Auto Salvage" in Goffstown, NH, now owns my '89 (or what's left of it.) All I have left is my '88. Read what I have written in my profile. I give specifics as to everything I have IN my car right up to the "COMPLETE 1200 WATT KENWOOD SOUND SYSTEM" and "GOLD-PLATED EMBLEMS" (which I had custom made through the Cadillac Dealership I worked at, because if you do your homework, Buick never offered a GOLD T-Type Package. Not enough? want pictures? Need Kenwood Model numbers?

I just don't understand people like you and that other guy (the one who told everyone off to look cool in front of his Honda buddies, even tho HE owned a LeSabre, and now no one talks to him.) You know, you nitwits come on here, bash all of us, and talk to us like we don't know ANYTHING (which I would have to say Steve X DEFINITELY proves that theory wrong), and a few weeks later you're crying that something went wrong with your car...and of course... YOU NEED HELP.

So suck it up, buttercup, and give up the goods. There's no excuse why you can't.

:btt2:
You must be fast, cause I was haulin' a$$ when I passed you!!!
1983 Turbo Regal T-TypeImageImage
1988 Black Buick LeSabre T-Type
GoldT-Type Emblems,Taillight/headlightblackouts.
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 250,000 miles.

Lo Type

Post by Lo Type » Fri May 30, 2003 10:30 pm

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: GST, dont get pissed cuz your getting bashed, we all want to help and we all want to know, (most of us already do) its really a T-Type ( which IS rare, 4123 in 87) so post the codes so you and we will know and you should be content with owning a T-Type. There are guys here that dont even own a T, theyd probably like to have your car minus the wing, wheels and gfx. So dont go away mad, just tell us its a T and be happy. Oh, and welcome to the board Buickman89! :)
You are yourself when no-one is looking.

GST-Type

Post by GST-Type » Fri May 30, 2003 10:32 pm

good lord lowrida, i never talkd down to any of you i was askin help but was told i shouldnt give out this type of info online and if I need help id hope you people could give it. I never acted liek a dick or a god because my car is supposed to be a gs t type. I wont have the car back till monday or tuesday now cuz i have to get ALL my fuel lines replaced since they went down the shitter. (vin removed)... thats all i can give right now, and if this is misused by any of you I guess ill know never to trust the people on a board again. Option codes are in the trunk which I dont have so you'll hvae to wait if u wanna see those. give me the carfax, i want an actual screenshot of it or something to that affect. thanks
dannY
Last edited by GST-Type on Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GST-Type

Post by GST-Type » Fri May 30, 2003 10:36 pm

also im not mad, i just dont understand why everyone is sooo angry cuz i dont want the privacy of me and my car disturbed. i gave up the vin now so whoever has the carfax thing, go for it... and if it is just a t thats fine to i dont really care, i started this thread to ask if u had heard of it, and buick has so I figured i could trust who made my car. Either way its a nice car and ill enjoy it no matter whats. later guys
dannY
ps- dont go hatin me cuz of this car either, if its just like urs sorry it was a mistake cuz i was told the wrong info, not that i was tryin to be better than you at all cuz i know ur cars are nice as well. we all own these cars so lets keep the anger under control....

T
Administrator
Administrator

Post by T » Fri May 30, 2003 11:00 pm

Remember it's easy to interpret peoples attitudes and meanings over the internet. All we have is words, and alot of us aren't english majors, so what I read may be different that what someone else reads.

I don't think that anyone here is mad, we're just an enthusiastic group. :D

But when you get the car, if you could post the codes than we can help you find all the options.

-T

T Type Dude
Advanced Member

Post by T Type Dude » Fri May 30, 2003 11:15 pm

Just so you know, we dont wanna get into your "privacy". If you can tell, we'd like to help you out. Hell some guy is willing to pay for your carfax, I mean can't you tell we want to help?? Gimme a break. We are trying to help you out and ya know what,its sorta hard to get ANY info without a vin or option codes. Beleive me, if someone comes to your house because they saw your VIN, a)THATS SAD b)thats PATHETIC c)no one on this board would do it. I understand if someones asking for ur home address or phone #, but we are trying to help you with your car.
1988 Buick LeSabre T Type .......sold

RedWind89
Advanced Member
car:: 89 Lesabre T-type
Location: 89 Black T-Type,89 Red T-type, Schenectady New York

Post by RedWind89 » Sat May 31, 2003 12:03 am

Hey GST I just broke down your VIN # 1G4HP14C8KH504224
Here we go
1= Made in the US
G= GM
4= Buick
H= Lesabre car line
P= Lesabre/lesabre Custom
1= Two door coupe
4= Automatic Belts
C= 3.8 liter 3800 V-6-231
8= The check digit
K= Is the year (1989)
H= The plant it was made in (Flint MI)
504224=Is the production sequence number

On a side note the production numbers started at 400001 so you car was the 104223 Lesabre bulit for the 1989 model year. I got all this from the Standard Catalog of Buick.
1989 Lesabre T-type, Black 208,xxx miles( Got Sept 2001, sold Aug 2009) :cry:
1989 Lesabre T-type, Red 96,XXX miles ( Got Nov 2008, Holding til it dies) :)
2003 Regal LS, Gray 64,000 miles( Got Mar 2007 Died Oct 18, 2009) :cry:

Donny Lowrida
Advanced Member

Post by Donny Lowrida » Sat May 31, 2003 12:21 am

Nice research, Redwind :D

Try this one:

1G4HP1434HH509896

(Is there a color in there somewhere?)

:btt2:
You must be fast, cause I was haulin' a$$ when I passed you!!!
1983 Turbo Regal T-TypeImageImage
1988 Black Buick LeSabre T-Type
GoldT-Type Emblems,Taillight/headlightblackouts.
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 250,000 miles.