GS T-Type...

Frequently asked questions about the Lesabre T-type.

Moderators: Xtreme/T-Type, Lo Type

GST-Type

GS T-Type...

Post by GST-Type » Mon May 26, 2003 6:20 am

I just recently found out what a T-Type even was and then found this site while researching. Anywho Sunday the25th (yesterday, cuz its like 15 after midnight or something and its monday now lol) i bought an 89 Lesabre GS T-Type which i was told had approximately 112 to 118 made total.. is this correct? The people i bought it from told me its quite a rare car and I was wondering if its true. Also does anyone know the exact differences between gs and non-gs models? all they could tell me is that there are better cams or something to make more power and the body kit that came on it. Ill have it tomorrow or the next day here at home so ill take pics and show them but any info would be appreciated, thanks
-dannY :btt:
No fat chicks, my T-Type already scrapes

Vyse
Advanced Member
car:: Lesabre Custom

Never heard of it

Post by Vyse » Mon May 26, 2003 7:28 am

Well, I'm not an expert, but I've never heard of a GS T Type. There was the Century Grand Sport in '86 and the LeSabre Grand National in '86 as well, 112 made. They might be pullin' your leg, but I could be wrong. :-?

GST-Type

Post by GST-Type » Mon May 26, 2003 7:36 am

they might be, cuz i cant seem to find anything about it, but its got the gs badging on the car, and it has a body kit. Another guy on this board has a cardomain page and has a pic of the same type of car on there with the exact body kit i believe. He has a four door and said something like "i like this kit but dont think id do it to my car" on his site. Maybe he knows something. I emaild buick themselves to try and find something out. But its the t-type with a body kit, all black, black leather seats. its a pretty decent ride. But i really have NO knowledge about these t-types. the guy i bought it from has a couple more regular t types adn sed he has seen three of these GS series that were made with a maximum of 3 per state released or something like that. O well anyone with info on this please let me know. thanks
dannY

GST-Type

Post by GST-Type » Mon May 26, 2003 7:56 am

http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages ... 530&page=4
THeres a link to the page with the body kit. its Custom88's sounddomain page. all the way at the bottom is the red car with a kit. mine looks like that but black, different rims(ugly), and a weird wing thingy that the guy added which i will most likely remove, 20%tint all around, and lowered 3 inches. Also has the GS (gran sport) badging directly behind the front wheels on the fender along with the t-type badges there. It seems a lil different than most of the pics ive seen of all the t-types ive seen so far but who knows what the deal really is with it... i sure as hell dont lol.
dannY

T Type Dude
Advanced Member

Post by T Type Dude » Mon May 26, 2003 2:03 pm

Well someone in the town over has that exact same car but in black with like honeycomb black rims, all black except for chrome trim. Yet its just a LeSabre GS. Its not a LeSabre GS T Type, I've NEVER heard of that to be honest,but I could be wrong.
1988 Buick LeSabre T Type .......sold

MICHAEL MEYER
car:: Other GM

Post by MICHAEL MEYER » Mon May 26, 2003 3:29 pm

get us some pictures!! i would love to see what that car looks like!
1982 Camaro Z28 Indy Pace Car, 1990 Chevy 454SS Pickup, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ 750 Turbo, 2008 Chevy Silverado, 2010 Mazda CX9

GST-Type

ill have it today..

Post by GST-Type » Mon May 26, 2003 4:55 pm

Here in a couple hours i should be going up to pick up the car and i have a digital camera so as soon as its home ill get a couple up. Its pretty dirty right now but o well as soon as i tag it ill wash it for more pics.... I talkd to the guy some more and he told me that not even kelley blue book has that option because its such a rare car, I am not completely sure whether to believe him or not, but either way its definately a t-type. The engine is the 3800 v6 that im sure some of you guys have as well, but supposedly it has different cams and a few other little upgrades to make it faster. I steppd on it pretty hard and its not near as fast as my buddies CRX with a V-tech in it, but its still goes a bit. plus it has killer top-end cuz i peggd the speedometer with damn near half a pedal left to push. The guy told me they have had it clocked near 150 mph so thats pretty kool, but till I get some more definate facts I cant tell u much else bout it except some pics here in a couple hours most likely. If we end up not goin today i will definately have it tomorrow so WOOHOO for me. lol later
dannY

Nathaniel Gjr.
2005 Site Supporter
car:: 89 Lesabre T-type

Post by Nathaniel Gjr. » Mon May 26, 2003 8:08 pm

first off welcome to the board, i think you have found a new and teh best buick family.man i cannot wait to see that car. a few years ago i was talking to a mechanic and he was doing my brakes when i first go the t. he told me a guy in his town in new jersey had a leesabre gran sport. he said it was the t-package plus a hotter cam and instead of 2.97 gearing it had 3.27 or something like that. i never thought much about it but now that i hear someone has one , could it be a dealer optioned car? kind of like the yenko / baldwin motion cars ? cannot wait ot see it. someone told me that our cars can hit close to 150 also. so far i have only it 120mph.

Nat Gjr. :mtt:
Negative people are fuel for your positivity. 1989 Buick lesabre T-type Garnet Red Red,Black leather Interior, all power, repro rear spoiler,Pontiac Bonneville dual outlet exhaust muffler,new timing gears,kyb GR-2's. One of GM's last great cars. 1998 Buick regal GS sedan Green/Grey, supercharged.

GST-Type

hmm

Post by GST-Type » Mon May 26, 2003 8:41 pm

Well its nice to know that someone has heard of this type of car, but i really have no idea on exact specs, becuz the man I'm buyin it from says that he used to know all the specs but has since forgotten them. He said he knows someone else who supposedly has or did have one of these cars and he might be able to get me in touch with them. if so ill post the specs on the car once i find out, or once buick themselves sends me the info. The car looks a little funny with the big wing and funky rims that the dude added, but itll still give u the idea of wut it would look like without them. He sed that his family in wisconsin has the original rims that he will eventually get to me so those will be back on unless i come by a good deal on some others that i like before then. On the topic of 150mph, id believe that this one can do it cuz when the speedometer is peggd i have plenty of pedal and its still accellerating pretty good at that time so i'd be willing to bet it can do it. Since its an 89 I probably wont push it that hard just to be sure i dont hurt that old engine. The car needs attention on some things but i believe i should be able to fix any problems i know of so far. Anywho im out, im gonna go call the man with the car to see if he's home for me to pick it up yet. later
dannY :btt:
ps- dealer optioned car? maybe... the guy told me that only a few dealers got one, with up to 3 per state and only something like 112-118 made.. hopefully this is true, cuz if so i just came by an extremely rare car :D

GST-Type

Post by GST-Type » Tue May 27, 2003 4:59 am

UPDATE: The car will be here tomorrow(tuesday) morning at about 10 central time. As soon as it is home i will be taking pictures of it and puttin them up on either cardomain or maybe a geocities site. later
dannY

T
Administrator
Administrator
car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

Post by T » Tue May 27, 2003 5:03 am

Four possablilities I see: 1. It's a Lesabre Grand National. 2. It's a Century GS 3. It's a dealer created package, made to sell some cars.(which is actually not uncommon, but usually consists of just cosmetic upgrades) 4. It's a car someone modified themselves.

Get the VIN # and the option codes(the sticker in the trunk), and a pic, and I might be able to shed some more light on it.

I can tell you Buick did not make a Lesabre GS T-type, sorry.
-T

'87 Lesabre T-type
L67 swap, CAI, STB, 180deg stat, Walbro 307 fuel pump, tranny cooler, Michelin XGT H4s, ZZP 3.4 MPS, AC 41-601 plugs.
PB: 14.447@95.08 (2.299 60ft.)

'88 Lesabre T-type
RIP

For questions concerning Lesabret.com, please e-mail me at lesabret@gmail.com

BillyBoy
Advanced Member

Post by BillyBoy » Tue May 27, 2003 5:09 am

I'm pretty sure that buick did not put the GS logo on any cars during the '87
to '89 time period (when the LeSabre T-types were made). I would be
willing to bet someone added the body kit and GS logos later in the cars
life (sometime after Buick started producing the GS logos again for the
Regal and skylark.) The Skylark GS showed up in 1990, the regal GS in

I also know the factory didn't have any preformace options beyond the
170hp 3800 in the T-type. The crappy FWD trans could barely hold that
much.
1989 LeSabre T-Type, not stock.
New Best Time: 13.143 @ 106.62mph

GST-Type

It was made...

Post by GST-Type » Tue May 27, 2003 6:49 pm

OK i contacted buick and the GS T-Type was made but the person who responded says that he did not have the specifics on it because of the age of the car. He told me to contact the buick club of america and possibly the vintage something-or-another lol. anywho im gonna try to find out as much as i can on this plus the previous owner is going to try and get ahold of someone who can tell me more about it. The pictures are here
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... 730&page=4
check em out... later
dannY

big-jon
Advanced Member

Post by big-jon » Tue May 27, 2003 7:26 pm

i love the body kit :o , but for the love of god lose the wing , for all buick lovers all over the world just get rid of the wing .

i really want that body kit now, dose anyone know if they still make it ?
check out my car pages.

my Ford ZX2 ...Thats right i said FORD !!
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/zx201
The buick.. curntly under construction...
http://www.geocities.com/lesaber88/
http://members.sounddomain.com/lesaber88

check out the car club http://www.4thdimensioncarclub.com

calenatar
Advanced Member
car:: Other GM

Post by calenatar » Tue May 27, 2003 7:49 pm

i agree..... the wing just doesnt fit the rest of the body. you got your squareish body, and body kit, and then you add this big curvey wing that dont look like it is even the right width. not trying to critisize or nothing. you sould look around for a t type spoiler or something. i like the ones that they put on the 95 grand prix's myself but that is my opinion.
jamey
95 Impala SS AKA the PuniSSher
383 LT1 550hp N/A beast.