1989 Limited Parting out

For Sale and Want Ads.

Moderators: MICHAEL MEYER, Xtreme/T-Type, custom88, Lo Type

sfeaver
car:: Lesabre Limited

1989 Limited Parting out

Post by sfeaver » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Going to be parting out a 1989 Limited in a couple months. Rear frame is getting too rusty from the Canadian winters.. Hate to let it go but what can I do.. Was my grandmas car so I've known it since brand new. Any interest in parts from it? If there is I can take some pictures. Body panels aren't bad for the most part, but underneath has gotten bad in spots.

Has electronic climate that works. Other than AC leak, everything works. Newer compressor and AC worked until last summer when the condenser leaked, ran R12 too so it was cold! Motor and tranny has 177k miles on it, original. Gauge cluster from an early T-type that goes to 85mph. Wire wheel covers with locks and key. Top dash separated but tried to reglue but didn't work. Used a few screws under the trim piece to get defrost air on windshield. Has a new master cylinder from last year.

Let me know if any parts that can be used. I am in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. But can also ship out from Niagara Falls, NY.

Scott

GeoNOregon
car:: Other H-body

Re: 1989 Limited Parting out

Post by GeoNOregon » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:45 am

Does it have an electric antenna, and is it black? Being chrome isn't a deal breaker, but black would greatly motivate me.

Pull all the Torx pan heads from the front group, there's two different sizes, neither are available anywhere new.

Can't think of anything else right now...

Thanks,

GeoD
'89 Olds '88' RB Coupe + leather interior from 96 Park Ave, FE3 suspension + 22mm Rear Anti-sway bar, Energy Suspension urethane main bar and end link bushings and strut tower transverse brace from '96 Bonneville, Front: 225-60/16, Rear: 235-60/16, Cutlass 5 spoke mags, and very soon, rear discs.

sfeaver

Post by sfeaver » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Antenna was changed to aftermarket long time ago.. Will save those trim screws.. Didn't know they weren't available.. But always handy to have factory screws on hand!

sfeaver

Post by sfeaver » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Well I am finally getting around to getting rid of this car.. Will be doing it next weekend..

So I will ask again in case anyone is looking for a certain part.. Other than rust, everything worked.

Electronic Climate stuff worked, heaterbox in good shape. Compressor was new about six or so years ago and always ran R12, evap about the same age and doesn't leak. Have 85mph T-Type cluster as well.

Hopefully something can go to good use, there isn't really any of these left around here.. Can ship out of Niagara Falls, NY also.

Scott

TONE
car:: 88 & 89 Lesabre T-type

Post by TONE » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Do you have the rear bumper?
BUICK for LIFE!!!