CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION:The ECM controls Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) operation by grounding circuit (tan/black wire) throgh the quad-driver.
code 39 will set when:
* no code 29 is present.
* brake switch is closed "OFF" (brake is not applied).
* TCC is commanded "ON" by the ECM.
* Vehicle is in 4th gear
* the engine speed to vehicle speed ratio is outside of its window of operation.
* All of the above for a time greater than 30 seconds.
TEST DESCRIPTION:Number(s) refer to circled number(s) on the diagnostic chart.
1. Check fuse, brake switch and B+ circuit to the TCC solenoid.
2. Checks availability of B+ on purple brake input wire.
3. Electrical circuit have checked out, If these is a TCC engagement problem, see "hydraulics transmission faulty"
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS:A code 39 in combination with a code 38 would mean a problem with one or more of the following component. Fues,(pink and black wir), brake switch or wire before spice. A signal code 39 may be the result of a wire or purple wire problem between tcc solenoid and ECM, poor connection to ecm connection, or possibly the ECM.
If all circuit are OK, looking into internal trans faulty.
SOURCE: GM SERVICE MANUAL.
Please help me test this Wiki. If we decide to change it later we can easily copy and paste this content into another format.
Moderator: Wiki Moderator
1 post • Page 1 of 1