Donny Lowrida

Moderator: Lo Type

T
Administrator
Administrator
car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

Donny Lowrida

Post by T » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:02 pm

The Black one is a 1988 that I purchased in March of 1998. It was a one owner and I bought it with 114,000 miles, she now has 178,000 miles. I've since sunk a good $12 to $14,000 into it (thousand, not hundred). It's had everything replaced in it mechanically in order to be "sound" again. This includes rebuilt transmission, entire fuel system replacement, entire brake system replacement, all metal lines, power steering rack, all engine sensors, harmonic balancer, all wheel hubs, entire suspension and some interior parts.

Some modifications I've made are '89 black leather interior, (had black cloth), front strut tower brace, gold plated emblems (including "T-Type" emblems), FlowMaster 40 series universal single in/ single out muffler (soon to change to dual out), K&N airfilter, and a lowered suspension kit. (Not shown in the picture) Two sets of European style airhorns. The entire stereo system is ALL Kenwood featuring an automatic flipface CD player with satellite radio, 2- 12" "Tornado" subwoofers, 2- 6x9's, 2- 51/4" door speakers, 2- 4x6" dash speakers, powered by 3 Kenwood amplifiers. This one IS my favorite.

The Maroon one is a 1987 that I purchased September, 2002 as a winter car. She was bought with 210,000 miles and now has 216,000 miles. She needs everything the '88 has already obtained. However, to help out in the rebuilding process, I purchased a 1989 (maroon) as a parts car. (It had 216,000 miles).

The only difference I've found between the '88 and the '87 is that the '87 came with C-Pillar map lights, moonroof, and rear trunk release. I've installed a Kenwood removeable face, cassette deck with a 10 disc Kenwood Shuttle in the trunk. Nothing else has been done. Again, this was bought as a winter car, so no money was suppose to be sunk into it. Things change.

Biosligy
New Guy
car:: 88 & 89 Lesabre T-type

Re: Donny Lowrida

Post by Biosligy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 am

It is a very good thing for us to know the issues.