spring 2019

Lesabre T-type or other H-body related topics.

Moderators: MICHAEL MEYER, Xtreme/T-Type, custom88, Lo Type

gntype
car:: 88 Lesabre T-type

spring 2019

Post by gntype » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 am

I keep checking to see if this site is up or not. There has not been many post but there always seems to be visitors when I do see the site up. I'm not complaining was wonder why there isn't many post. The site is still evry useful and full of information. John

ttyper
Advanced Member

Re: spring 2019

Post by ttyper » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm still here...saw a magnificent black lesabre t-type for sale in South Carolina on Craigslist a month ago, but it had a salvage title and there was apparently no way the seller could clear that (was the widow of the late owner (who was a bodywork guy) and not too....savvy). NJ would not allow me to register it without a clear title, or without some documentation of the repairs (done over 15 years ago). Even the reconstructed car route here in NJ is a no go if you don't have "before" photos or receipts. So that was that.

Came VERY close to buying the car, hoping to perhaps "figure out" the title / registration part later. Pics below give a sense of the condition. 60K miles, had been repaired by the last owner retired Buck dealership body guy and garaged and driven sparingly since the early 2000s.

Anyway, still come here occasionally to see if the site is still up. Its been 30 years since I had my first LST. Still have a connection to these cars.

gntype

Post by gntype » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Well the right side looks good. I didn’t know that a rebuilt would cause a problem. I haven’t tried that route here in Michigan but I see them in ads a lot. John

Brian Mc
Advanced Member
Location: Wet sanding and buffing something....in or around Charlotte

Post by Brian Mc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:08 pm

I saw the T type in the SC craigslist, thats the only one ive come across. There was an 87 Limited coupe that i almost bought as a spare car in case i get in a wreck on the HR Power Tour. didnt buy it though. Parts are getting near impossible to find, but im still rolling around in my L67 car quite a bit. I swapped out to amber front marker lights, i like that look. Put in a NOS driver window switch, and bought a set of 235 55 16's for the bonneville wheels.

Owning one of these will become harder and harder in the coming years. I doubt there's more than 20 of us left. There is nothing good on ebay anymore either, its a bummer.

89PacificT-MI
New Guy
car:: 89 Lesabre T-type

Post by 89PacificT-MI » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:52 pm

I'll chime in! I'm working on getting both the '88 and '89 Ts road worthy again. '89 has been a going on 5 yr slow slogging restoration. The '88 is a play around parts car that I got too involved in. New fuel system, brake lines, Tank and I'm pulling the intake manifold as we speak. The major issue 'running wise' is the IAC was stuck closed so it would stall hard. I pulled the throttle body and decided to waste too much time cleaning it. Then I realized the intake manifold gasket is falling apart... so I'm about a week away from finishing her up and test driving her. The '89 is my love and that's the one I'm meticulous with (new timing gear set, crank sensor, new Harm balancer, yadda yadda. Both are white.

-Chris

ttyper
Advanced Member

Post by ttyper » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 am

That SC car for sale a couple months back was amazing. I should have bought it ans FIGURED OUT the title issue. Might've been...interesting. Its true that nice examples are just not around any longer. Actually there's a decent maroon '88 or '89 for sale in Buffalo NY, but it has a cheesey hood bulge and '87 upholstery. I need, I mean want, a black one.

Tbird
2008 Site Supporter
car:: 87 Lesabre T-type

Post by Tbird » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:17 am

Since the site has been down on and off for years a new Facebook Group is where many of us are at now: www.facebook.com/groups/2229749574/
tbird@live.ca
1987 BLT :mtt: with no rust, clean and 517k kms / 321k miles.
1987 BLT :stt: rust free from Florida and restored with 77 kms / 48k miles.
1988 BLT :stt: RIP. Spare parts car for the 87 BLT. Had 490k kms / 304k miles.