Still driving my 88 L67 swap, check in if you still exist

Lesabre T-type or other H-body related topics.

Moderators: MICHAEL MEYER, Xtreme/T-Type, custom88, Lo Type

Brian Mc
Advanced Member
car:: 88 Lesabre T-type
Location: Wet sanding and buffing something....in or around Charlotte

Still driving my 88 L67 swap, check in if you still exist

Post by Brian Mc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:16 pm

Things have sure changed with the internet in the past few years. Photobucket killed forums, so the online community has all but disappeared.

I swapped the car back in 09 or so, painted it just before, and since have just maintained it with cradle bushings, headliner repairs, window regulator rebuilds, and I added a boost gauge.

Who is still driving their T all these years later? I still like the reactions I get, and my wife likes riding in it because its the only quiet comfortable car I own.

check in if you're still here.....and confusing people with your car that looks like a Grand National to the uninformed...

gntype

Re: Still driving my 88 L67 swap, check in if you still exist

Post by gntype » Thu May 10, 2018 1:46 am

Well I will check in still driving the 1988 Black T type. —— and still loving it. Being in Flint Mi. There are still people with stories to tell. Spoke with a retired GM executive who drove one for his company car, he loved it didn’t want to turn it back in when his time was up. john

88T-FL
2008 Site Supporter

Post by 88T-FL » Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 pm

Glad to see the site up on a more regular basis and glad you are still around too. This was once my favorite site - can't believe it is as abandoned as it appears.

I still have the '88 and '89 T's but they will soon be gone leaving me with a more manageable "hobby" of the two LGN's.

I have a lot of T-Type parts that I will be selling as the '86 LGN's do not share everything with the '87-'89 T-Types. I have dashes, wheels, front air dams, spoilers, NOS emblems and a lot of other stuff and a wealth of documentation I will be clearing out - let me know what you may want and I will see if I have it.

Glad some folk are still around but sure wish there was more posting of questions, answers and some bragging about these really neat cars.

Thanks - Peter (88T-FL)
88 BLT, 89 BLT, 89 BLT (Sold and missed), 86 LGN, 86LGN

Brian
2008 Site Supporter

Post by Brian » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:17 am

Hey Peter,

Hope all is well by you. Any chance you have a black rear spoiler in decent shape hanging around? Thanks.

Brian

Brian Mc
Advanced Member
Location: Wet sanding and buffing something....in or around Charlotte

Post by Brian Mc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Peter it's good to see you're still around, I noticed your website has been gone for a while now. I have some preventative decay items I'm looking for, some "just in case" items. Id like a really good set of tail lights, and i need a drivers seat belt buckle for an 88.

Even the base lesabre, park avenue, and electra cars are disappearing from the local pull a part around here. This will be a tough car to keep nice and enjoy driving too, but I'm still going to try.

The "murdered out" look as we used to call it is big around here with Chargers, Challengers, etc... and there isn't much more of a head turning car to those guys than a black Buick!